Apprentice, Facilities MaintenanceHarrisburg, Pennsylvania 5106 Jonestown Rd, Ste I, 17112-2923
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
The Facilities Maintenance Apprentice (FMA) is an entry level position focused on preventative maintenance for our restaurants. This position works primarily on HVAC/Refrigeration, Ice Machines, Water Heaters, Misting Systems and Grease Trap Inspections.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Facilities Specialist, Senior Facilities Specialist, and Regional Facilities Manager in their designated area by performing preventative maintenance and repairs in 50-60 restaurants. (e.g., HVAC, ice machine, water heaters, misting systems, and grease trap inspections, etc.)
- Tailoring preventative maintenance schedules of assigned systems to ensure safe, efficient, and effective operation of area restaurants, outlining specific maintenance schedules on an individual restaurant basis in order to most effectively lower maintenance costs
- Educating managers and other restaurant employees on how to maintain and troubleshoot basic issues, and place service calls for those more complex; assessing the need for additional individual training as needed
- Ensuring managers, crew, and other restaurant employees are correctly and consistently following facility maintenance practices and procedures, and reporting any issues to the local Facilities team
- Occasionally assisting with in-depth facility maintenance and repair seminars on an individual basis or in a group setting through Ownership classes held by Facilities Specialists and Senior Facilities Specialists
- Providing the Operations Team and Regional Facility Manager with brief recaps of what was accomplished during their PM visit
- Providing guidance to restaurants on how to maintain and update facility records
- Serving as liaison between restaurants and contractors on assigned systems/items when warranty issues arise, and notifying local Facilities team
- Providing field support and communication to the Development Department relating to corporate and regional/market initiatives
- Assisting with communication of contractor deficiencies on re-investment or repair projects
- Following all Development Department guidelines
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Possess a basic knowledge of HVAC/refrigeration maintenance and be knowledgeable of rules and regulations governing facilities safety requirements
- Have a mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and coordinate multiple schedules while planning work that enables timely results
- Effectively, clearly, and patiently communicate and train facility maintenance and repair concepts
- Have a clean Motor Vehicle Report in order to travel between restaurants and be responsible for safe driving requirements as determined by the law
- Possess two (2) years formal or informal training on facilities repair and maintenance; and have experience with restaurant equipment, HVAC, and refrigeration systems preventative maintenance
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $17.31 to $28.13. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania - Harrisburg - 1340 - Harrisburg-(01340)
1340 - Harrisburg-(01340)
5106 Jonestown Rd, Ste I