Sr. Analyst, Workers CompensationColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
The Senior Workers' Compensation Analyst works to prevent employee workplace accidents through implementation and monitoring of safety practices. Responds to accidents when they occur and works to mitigate these accidents and ensures that workers' compensation claims are set up. Works with the Third-Party Claims Administrator (TPA), outside worker's compensation attorneys and the injured workers. Advises the field leadership on proper safety measures, appropriate accident procedures and how best to work with the injured employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Facilitate training of workers’ compensation and safety best practices. Provide leadership, support, advice, counsel, and training to Field Leaders and General Managers on safety practices and workers' compensation procedures. Take personal responsibility for ensuring that Field Leaders and General Managers know how to call in a claim, how to refer employees to appropriate medical care, and how to assist them with returning to work as appropriate.
- Manage workers' compensation claims handling processes with TPA. Communicate with claims adjusters on a regular basis. Approve reserves; strategize when surveillance, IMEs, NCMs are necessary. Execute mini claims reviews frequently. Become familiar with and utilize the TPA's claims management software. Utilize the software to track substantial claims, pull claims reports, and identify trends.
- Strategize on substantial workers' compensation claims. Monitor major medical changes and litigation updates. Analyze and authorize settlement when appropriate. Attend quarterly claims reviews to strategize with adjusters on next steps and ensure all parties (TPA, Broker, Chipotle) are on the same page.
- Review new claims to evaluate what occurred, if medical treatment was sought, and if the employee may lose time. Contact restaurants via phone, email, or in person to better understand how an injury ensued. Make decisions as to whether workers' compensation claims should be escalated, for lost time or additional investigation. Report to OSHA when a recordable incident has occurred. Assist with OSHA investigations and ensure restaurants remain in compliance.
- Facilitate good working relationships with Chipotle's workers' comp defense attorneys. Confer with defense attorneys to ensure strategic plans remain in line with Chipotle values. Review cost analysis of defending workers' compensation claims to best make litigation decisions and decide between continuing to defend or settle claims. Assist in lining up appropriate witnesses and evidence when necessary for litigated claims.
- Inform Benefits team when an employee has been restricted from returning to work; requiring a workers’ compensation leave of absence. Communicate with and direct managers and injured employees to Benefits (along with Payroll and Garnishments when necessary) regarding payroll auto-deductions when injured employees are out of work and not receiving Chipotle paychecks.
- Work with the Restaurant Food Safety Department to ensure restaurants are reporting employee injuries correctly and consistent information is being directed to the restaurants. Ensure the Health & Safety Team is aware of any possible violations relating to food safety policies. Obtain insight when restrictions may impede food safety policies.
- Maintain a close relationship with the People Experience Team. Remain vigilant against fraudulent claims; lead investigations as appropriate when red flags are apparent and work with People Experience and restaurant teams in determining next steps. Notify People Experience of any concerns brought up by injured employees or managers regarding the workplace environment. Support injured employees by working with People Experience to ensure restrictions are properly accommodated and managers are respecting workers' compensation processes.
- Perform administrative tasks relating to workers' compensation claims. Respond to postal mail for workers' compensation matters in assigned geographic area and distribute additional mail to team members. Distribute medical provider panels to restaurants and assist with directing medical bills to the appropriate TPA adjuster. Ensure compliance with all workers’ compensation posting requirements and laws at each location in each jurisdiction in the WCA’s assigned geographic area.
- Provide necessary support as requested by Risk Manager, or other Legal team members relative to workers’ compensation and legal initiatives. Organize timely reports or data for such reports upon request. Evaluate data to spot trends and assist with design of data reports. Communicate trends with Field and work to find solutions to reduce negative trends.
- Assist legal team members to develop and refine training materials on the workers' compensation information packet and procedures to follow when an injury occurs. (E.g. when and how to report an injury, what needs to be done when an employee misses work, where to direct bills for payment, what resources are available, what claim documentation needs to be kept in the restaurant, who to remain in contact with throughout the claims process, etc.)
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university preferred. Workers' Compensation/Risk Management/ Human Resources courses preferred.
- 4-6 years’ experience in Restaurant, workers' compensation, human resources, or risk management.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Certified Risk Manager (CRM) or RIMS - Certified Risk Management Professional, preferred.
- Claims Management Experience.
- Proficient with MS Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Google Docs. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and phone manner.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Some travel needed, including driving, and traveling by air.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $64-88,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave
- Apprentice General Manager GlendaleArizona 5880 W. Thunderbird Rd., #1, Glendale 85306 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job
- General Manager AustinTexas 801 Congress Ave., Ste 100, Austin 78701-2439 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- Apprentice General Manager FarmingtonNew Mexico 4906 E Main St., Suite 100, Farmington 87402 Apply Now for Apprentice General Manager Job