Senior Manager, People Compliance and Employee RelationsColumbus, Ohio 333 W Nationwide Blvd, 43215
The Senior Manager, People Compliance and Employee Relations, manages Chipotle’s approach to our employee employment experience, focused on addressing employment and compliance-related matters.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Compliance Reporting teams responsible for oversight and outcomes of employment compliance systems and reporting. Work with in-house and outside counsel to ensure our processes and policies are compliant with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Collaborate & Strategize with RPE leader of the COE overseeing the Company’s whistleblower/ethics hotline and from restaurant and support center employee relations trends to develop solutions and strategies as well as educate leaders and partner with People Experience Partners on proactively addressing potential employee issue(s) and proactively identify opportunities to mitigate risk;
- In partnership with stakeholders, support the design and delivery of training on various HR compliance topics, programs/policies for employees.
- Build strong relationships with people experience analysts and business partners to drive adoption of sound ER practices and work with stakeholders to create a strategy for and support a culture of increased employee engagement within our restaurants and support centers
- In partnership with Operations, Field/Restaurant People relations, Legal and additional stakeholders, collaborate in the development of plans to mitigate unionization efforts by external parties
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-8 years of experience in Human resources or Related Field
- Experience leading a team
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR certification
- Advanced knowledge of local, state, and federal employment law, including hiring practices, EEO, EEOC, wage and hour, labor relations, etc., experience with federal and state claims (EEOC, DFEH, wage and hour, unemployment), as well as immigration laws and requirements, experience with drafting and delivering HR policy and compliance training
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. Chipotle had over 2,750 restaurants as of December 31, 2020, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With nearly 88,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology, and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, the founder, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado, in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8889 - 333 W Nationwide-(08889)
8889 - 333 W Nationwide-(08889)
333 W Nationwide Blvd