Senior Financial AccountantColumbus, Ohio 445 N. High St, 43215
Located in Columbus, OH, the Sr. Financial Accountant is responsible for performing the Sales, Cash, P&L, Balance Sheet review function and ensuring the accuracy of all accounting entries that affect the financial statements for a large portion of restaurants, as well as other related duties including ownership of specific lines of the income statement. Accounts assigned to the Sr. Financial Accountant are more complex and complicated than others. The Sr. Financial Accountant mentors Financial Accountants and fosters their development into Sr. Financial Accountants.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing the financial statements which includes the monthly preparation of month-end accruals, preparing any adjusting entries as needed, analyzing accounts based on volume, trend, plan, etc.
- Supporting Operations by producing accurate P&L’s, following up on their requests and needs in a timely manner, and training them to understand the P&L
- Review and monitor sales reporting and associated follow up and documentation
- Researching cash and credit card discrepancies and promptly escalating material variances to Operations
- Participates in the annual internal and external audits, provides back-up to auditors as requested
- Depending on the needs of the business and/or department may complete other duties as assigned to advance a particular project or resolve a business issue
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.A./B.S. in Finance, Business, or related field; or an equivalent in education and experience
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, written, and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and the ability to proficiently use a PC along with MS Office Suite software
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Ability to extract and analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and make actionable recommendations
- Ability to perform profitability and variance analyses
- Working knowledge of planning, forecasting, and budgeting
- Skill at presenting financial data to all levels of management
- Ability to effectively manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage financial data in a confidential and professional manner
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 2,600 restaurants as of December 30, 2019, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 83,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8886 - 445 N High Street-(08886)
8886 - 445 N High Street-(08886)
445 N. High St