Senior Counsel, Real EstateColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done
things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting
conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you
will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make
better food accessible to everyone.
As the Senior Counsel, Real Estate, you will provide transactional legal support to the Company's
Development department, including the Real Estate, Lease Administration, Lease Renewals, Asset
Management, and Construction teams, and support regulatory and operational issues related
thereto. In this role, you will identify and analyze complex legal issues and present appropriate
recommendations to minimize the legal exposure of the Company in its real estate transactions
and holdings. You’ll work closely with teams of outside counsel to assist with the Company's real
estate-related legal needs, as well as to draft and negotiate a variety of agreements including,
without limitation retail leases and amendments, construction agreements, and related
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The principal responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Lead negotiation and drafting of lease amendments and renewals for the existing
Company portfolio, including occasional subleases and leases.
• Work with Assistant General Counsel – Real Estate to draft and amend leases and other
documentation for new restaurant transactions as needed.
• Review paralegal work product and provides legal advice with respect to estoppel issues,
Subordination and non-disturbance documentation and lease interpretation issues.
• Assist with managing the legal processes and procedures of the Company's Development
department, including the Real Estate, Lease Administration, Asset Management, Design,
Construction and Facilities teams, ensuring the delivery of timely and cost-effective legal
advice and the coordination of other team resources in order to facilitate achievement of
Development team's business goals.
• Provide support and assists in resolution of real estate disputes and litigation matters,
property management and lease administration issues.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
• Juris Doctorate Degree from accredited law school required.
• 6+ years’ combined experience of real estate law in a reputable law firm, and in-house
experience, ideally in a restaurant or other retail environment.
• Bar passage and qualification to practice in Ohio
• Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally, juggle conflicting demands and
• Ability to handle and manage considerable number of deals simultaneously, coordinate with
renewals and development teams to ensure timely delivery of work product
• Working knowledge of information technology platforms, real estate-related solutions,
and records retention practices
• Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of real estate concepts,
practices, and policies with the ability to use them in complex situations across multiple
• Expert communication skills to influence, advocate for and drive change and compliance
across a global company
• Strong business acumen and practical approach to problem solving is required
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly
sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors
or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United
Kingdom, France, and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and
operates in all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022
List for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about
providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food
industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to
be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable
business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $124k- $190k. You are also eligible
for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual
compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers
a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick
leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits.
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with
Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an
accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave
- General Manager IrvingTexas 7717 N MacArthur Blvd, Ste 100, Irving 75063-7562 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- General Manager PlanoTexas 6202 W Park Blvd, Ste A, Plano 75093 Apply Now for General Manager Job
- General Manager AddisonTexas 3771 Belt Line Road, Addison 75001 Apply Now for General Manager Job