Senior Analyst, Workday PayrollColumbus, Ohio 191 W Nationwide Blvd, 43215
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had nearly 2,500 restaurants as of December 31, 2018 in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 70,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
The Senior Analyst, Workday Payroll is responsible for reviewing payroll checks, auditing payroll exceptions, and providing support to payroll processes. The Senior Payroll Analyst is responsible for the research, documentation, and refinement of Payroll, Compliance, and Benefits Administration processes. This position is responsible for reviewing and updating process and procedure documentation, risk assessment, and process improvements, representing the Payroll Administration team during cross functional projects. This position works independently to identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency and quality within Payroll, Onboarding, Compliance, Employee Service Center, and Benefits Teams. This position leverages knowledge of industry best practices to document and maintain proper segregation of controls to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). In addition to the above responsibilities, this position is responsible for reviewing and developing training practices across the service center.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform quality assurance testing and prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and special reports as needed
- Provide subject matter expertise in Payroll, Compliance, Benefits Administration processes and functionality.
- Performs routine internal audits of various Payroll team departments.
- Develop and maintain analytical procedures for the various Payroll team’s data to ensure accuracy and compliance with company policies and applicable laws (i.e. overtime, shift, I-9s etc.)
- Maintain SOX compliance, update, document and maintain a fully functional policies and procedures manual for various Payroll team’s areas including Payroll, Compliance, and Benefits Administration processes.
- Review processes to identify opportunities for improvement, and make appropriate recommendations regarding Workday, Taleo, and Kronos; ensure processes and systems are optimally aligned and that they follow industry standards.
- Performs analytics based on the developed procedures, identify opportunities and make recommendations for process improvement to the responsible management team member(s).
- Implement changes to promote process efficiencies, support Chipotle initiatives, and improve accuracy with focus on systems; including Workday, Taleo, Kronos.
- Run daily payroll and HR administration analytics to ensure accuracy and company standards.
- Attend business meetings with cross functional partners within Payroll, Onboarding, Compliance, Employee Service Center, and Benefits Teams and external teams at various levels of the organization.
- Actively engage with cross functional partners through all phases of the project life cycle, ensure satisfaction through timely communication and consistent completion of deliverables within critical timelines
- Partner with 3rd party vendors who provide processing or reporting assistance (e.g., ensuring service levels are met and developing effective working relationships to improve the quality of vendor services)
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
B.S/B.A. in Finance, Accounting or related field; or an equivalent in education and experience
- 3-5 years of applicable experience
- Work experience in Accounting, Finance, Payroll, Compliance, or Benefits Administration
- Solid knowledge of and ability to use MS Office Suite
- Functional knowledge of Workday
- Kronos technical experience a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication coupled with solid listening, facilitation and presentation skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate business needs to technical people and to communicate and simplify complex technical information for non-technical users
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Strong project and time management skills; knowledge of project management methodology
- Ability to draft routine correspondence and manage information and data in a confidential and professional manner
- Ability to balance the demands of projects, maintenance and support, customer expectations, and staff development in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
- Ability to coach, develop and motivate others preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8887 - 191 W Nationwide-(08887)
8887 - 191 W Nationwide-(08887)
191 W Nationwide Blvd