Senior Analyst, PayrollColumbus, Ohio 191 W Nationwide Blvd, 43215
The Senior Analyst, Payroll provides advanced analytics and reporting support to the Payroll leadership team to assess trends, themes, issue resolution, and strategy development for payroll and time processing. This role requires a strong understanding of payroll/time processes. The Senior Analyst will be involved to ensure successful roll-out, support, and integration of payroll and timekeeping system in collaboration with partners in regional payroll, Payroll Systems, operations, and technology. In support of over 90,000 employees, this role will support process enhancements and mapping to continuously improve the payroll function. This role will focus on advanced Excel skills, Workday Payroll, Workday HCM, Kronos Dimensions, and ADP experience or comparable. This role typically reports to the Director of Payroll.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Compliance, Controls & Technical
- Project manage all process improvement initiatives.
- Build testing scripts and scenarios.
- Involved in testing various fixes and upgrades to the system and provide recommendations on areas for improvement to drive audit efficiencies.
- Partner with People Systems & Metrics as well as IT to proactively drive improvements in system performance, optimizations, and to support data analysis.
- Problem solves and implements solutions for improvements in business processes.
- Maintains payroll-related GL accounts and works closely with the Payroll Accounting team to ensure accuracy.
- Focus priorities on high-risk compliance areas and analyze, review and report on trends.
- Assist, Analyze and recommend best practices and procedures for onboarding compliance such as I-9 verification, Minor Work Permits, and other solutions to ensure an optimal employee experience.
Analysis & Reporting:
- Track, analyze, and interpret trends in data in order to provide relevant conclusions and recommendations to management.
- Connect with cross-functional teams to record, resolve, and research in order to earmark gaps and support the development of fresh measures on compromising errors and issues.
- Responsible for all ad hoc analyses requested by the business. Ad hoc requests are frequent and must be completed timely and accurately.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and communicating KPI metric reports for purposes of running an effective and efficient operation/team. Significant emphasis will be placed on independent ownership and delivery of metric improvements by partnering with internal and external business partners to drive process efficiencies.
Operations & Processing
- Maintains all standard operating procedures for the payroll processing functions for all pay groups, including transmission and validation.
- Enhance and update transaction procedures and materials used in training as necessary.
- Organize suitable levels of functional, and technical processes, as well as training programs.
- Offer excellent customer service by analyzing, retrieving, resolving, and researching Tier 3 matters.
- In-depth investigation and analysis to determine the root cause of each problem to earmark gaps in already existing solutions and support the development of fresh measures.
- Be active in implementing new systems and processes as needed.
- Provide reports to People Experience, Tax, and Accounting as needed.
- Service as a buck and support to the US Payroll team.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelors Degree in finance, accounting, business administration or equivalent work experience required
- CPP preferred
- Ten plus years of work experience in a high-volume payroll department, project management, international highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn new program, processes, and provide process improvement ideas
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle high volume work in a deadline-driven environment and prioritize work accordingly with+C26 C27attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to influence peers and lead others through strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience synthesizing reports to communicate complex pay scenarios to leaders and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of stakeholders
- Flexibility with work schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Payroll experience supporting large company, 20,000+ employees
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable about the administration of payroll processes in the US and Canada
- Advanced understanding of utilizing payroll database software
- Strong problem solving and highly analytical with proven ability to proactively leverage data to improve the business operations, with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- Advanced Excel skills, Workday Payroll, Workday HCM, Kronos Dimensions, and ADP experience or comparable, also excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding ability to comprehend the organization's finance procedures and policies.
- Outstanding ability to comprehend the organization's pay and timekeeping procedures and policies.
- Workday Payroll, Kronos Dimensions, and Excel Experience
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 2,750 restaurants as of December 31, 2020, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With nearly 88,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8887 - 191 W Nationwide-(08887)
8887 - 191 W Nationwide-(08887)
191 W Nationwide Blvd