Senior Analyst, Payroll TaxColumbus, Ohio 191 W Nationwide Blvd, 43215
The Senior Analyst, Payroll Tax is responsible for providing data analysis and tax guidance to ensure timely and accurate processing of taxes for US federal, state, and local taxes, as well as international taxes. Uses Workday and ADP tax portal to perform maintenance, auditing, and reporting. Researches and responds to agency inquiries regarding employment tax issues. Audits ad hoc runs such as relocation and equity compensation.
- Performs biweekly and quarterly tax reviews/audits to ensure accurate payroll processing and quarter file returns. Assists with International taxes as needed.
- Reconciles EFTPS deposits and prepares payroll tax liabilities reconciliation, journal entries and other month-end closing duties.
- Provides year-end support including the coordination of entering taxable fringe benefits, the tie out of year-end tax information, data requests and the issuance of Form W-2s.
- Requests and analyzes quarterly multi-state travel for tax allocations.
- Reviews and tests weekly Workday Service updates for applicability and corrections in accordance with SOX controls.
- Responds to email/phone/fax/Service Now inquiries and issues from employees, vendors and tax authorities related to employment taxes.
- Prepares state unemployment tax projections, verifies accuracy of issued rates, and updates rates in Workday.
- Assists in review/analysis of relocation and stock processing as needed.
- Prepares data for internal and external state/local audit requests and new registrations for new tax accounts.
- Supports Payroll Tax leaders and provides back up support to Analyst.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, and three (3) years’ experience in payroll tax or 3-5 Years’ experience processing a combination of payroll processing and tax
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a PC as well as Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Experience using Workday and ADP SmartCompliance
- Knowledge of payroll tax rules/laws
- Proficiency in multi-state and multi-legal entity taxation and general payroll compliance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be detail oriented with strong follow through
- Ability to handle difficult conversations effectively
- Strong ability to manage deadlines, multiple priorities and be proactive in resolving issues
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 2,800 restaurants as of March 31, 2021, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With over 97,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and former executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8887 - 191 W Nationwide-(08887)
8887 - 191 W Nationwide-(08887)
191 W Nationwide Blvd