Principal Cloud EngineerColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
Chipotle Technology's mission is to position our brand as a leader in the digital economy by building a team and capabilities that complement our amazing food and people culture.
Our 3 year strategy is to build a world class team that creates solutions that focus on consumer experiences, employee tools, and long term profitable growth while also improving core systems stability, functionality and availability.
As Principal Cloud Engineering, you’ll be responsible for architectural leadership for the Cloud Engineering team, which is at the forefront of preparing and delivering on Chipotle’s unprecedented growth. Principal Cloud Engineering will research, define and lead the implementation of global, enterprise-wide, technical, architecture-based solutions for enterprise business; integration, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of Chipotle's public and private cloud presence with a strong focus on Kubernetes, containers, infrastructure as code, edge computing/IoT, orchestration, automation, and networking. The Principal Cloud Engineer participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the IT organization, ensuring technical solutions are sustainable and efficient, secure, and compliant.
You will build deep and collaborative relationships with other teams in order to support and advance Chipotle’s overall success, including IT Security, App Dev, SRE and Corporate Support.
If this sounds like a role that would benefit from your career progression and growth objectives (and you’re inspired by free burritos), read on!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and conducts complex software/hardware product evaluations, developing and recommending technical strategies and solutions to management; Leads in assessments of risk, cost, and return on investment scenarios and impact as well as potential compatibility issues with existing solutions
- Conducts long-term strategic roadmap/planning activities for the development and implementation of systems architecture and technical guidelines; Responsible for designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and secure solutions in the Cloud
- Drive and evangelize efficiencies that enable strategic growth for our business, e.g. Infrastructure Automation, Containerization, etc. Be an organizational thought leader on public cloud topics and evangelism.
- Designs, develops, tests, and implement new technical strategies and solutions to drive improvements; Optimize and enhance existing capabilities
- Design, maintenance and support of automation code and DevOps pipelines for cloud-based services using Azure DevOps, Terraform, Helm, REST, shell/cli, and other technologies or languages as appropriate
- Design, deploy, and maintain secure and compliant enterprise solutions, network infrastructure, and boundary protection using Infrastructure as Code
- Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff
- Skilled in monitoring and resolution of availability and performance issues
- Executes configuration management, technical vendor management, problem mitigation, change management, and critical situation management within complex systems
- Partner with development and portfolio colleagues (e.g. AppDev, Security, Architecture) to enable efficient cloud solutions following standard framework(s) to ensure they are operationally secure, stable and scalable
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of work experience in Systems Administration or Systems Engineering.
- Preferred technical certifications with a focus on one or more of the major Cloud Service Providers such as Azure, AWS, or Google.
- Clear, effective written and verbal communications skills
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, services/API's, firewalls) to provide end-to-end Cloud Infrastructure Designs.
- Be knowledgeable of and have the ability to draw upon computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Preferred previous experience with an organization of our size and industry.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Some travel may be required.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave