Manager, Restaurant People ComplianceColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
The Manager, People Compliance will have responsibility for the content development, planning, and facilitation of Fair Workweek (predictive scheduling) and workforce compliance education. This position is responsible for identifying training needs and learning opportunities by analyzing key performance indicators and implementing action plans to drive changes in behavior. The Manager will act as a compliance advocate and drive the execution of the training strategy in partnership with restaurant leadership. The Manager will coach and develop restaurant and field management to achieve operational excellence related to Fair Workweek and other workforce regulations by increasing awareness, conducting ongoing training, and promoting accountability. The manager will also be responsible for leading and inspiring one (1) Workforce Compliance Analyst.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own the planning, development, and facilitation of audience-specific Fair Workweek compliance training for all applicable jurisdictions nationwide. Lead and coordinate these training initiatives by designing and delivering the content, providing hands-on coaching and support, and creating systems for evaluating the effectiveness of the entire process.
- Conduct compliance gap assessments to identify training opportunities, drive accountability, and mitigate risk.
- Develop and maintain Fair Workweek compliance training content, resources, and tools, in collaboration with the L&D team (e.g., user guides, quick reference guides, FAQs, tips and tricks, e-learning).
- Regularly deliver Fair Workweek training to managers and provide remedial training and coaching to as needed. If necessary, work with HR Partner and management to develop action plans to correct non-compliant behaviors. Track and measure training effectiveness on a regular basis.
- Establish and maintain ongoing partnerships with Regional Vice Presidents, Team Directors, and Field Leaders to drive operational execution related to compliance, communicate findings or trends in specific markets, and recommend solutions for continuous improvement.
- Lead workforce compliance-related internal audits to identify patterns and determine the appropriate remediation strategy.
- Serve as a resource for workforce compliance-related field inquiries and determine root causes to identify potential gaps in processes or documentation.
- Lead workforce compliance projects and initiatives that drive accountability.
- Respond to and manage all legal requests related to workforce compliance (e.g., FWW, Meal & Rest).
- Employ data mining techniques to extract, organize, filter, and analyze data to draw conclusions.
- Research upcoming Fair Workweek ordinances and create and execute scalable implementation strategies in partnership with Legal and Restaurant operations.
- Identify change management needs and anticipate downstream impacts; develop appropriate communication plan for each area/stakeholder.
- Lead and manage one (1) direct report (Workforce Compliance Analyst).
- Travel to Fair Workweek markets (approximately 20-25%).
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
· 5–8 years of experience in Human Resources Compliance, training, and project management. Restaurant or retail experience highly desired.
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
· PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
· Comprehensive understanding of HR compliance and Fair Workweek ordinances.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, in addition to proven facilitation, training, and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated reengineering and process improvement skills.
· Proficiency in analyzing data and communicating conclusions.
· Ability to work independently, handling multiple priorities simultaneously in a lean environment.
· Proven ability to anticipate issues, problem-solve, and implement solutions.
· Ability to work a flexible, full-time schedule to accommodate typical restaurant scheduling (e.g., evenings, weekends, and holidays).
· Proficiency in a variety of technology systems including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Workday, UKG (Kronos) and ServiceNow. Possess the ability to adapt to new systems quickly.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $94,000 to $129,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave