Manager, Lease RenewalColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
Lead and oversee the renewal team, legal support, and the related outsource consulting resources. Manages a portfolio of 300+ renewals annually. Formulates and presents deal structure proposals with Real Estate, Corporate Accounting, Finance, Operations, Legal and other departments as necessary to maximize the ROI of short and long-term lease extensions. Drives results with weekly consulting calls to ensure timely attention to details, alignment on priorities and properly aggressive negotiating positions. Review and publish finalized deals for presentation to our internal REAT. Personally negotiates some of the renewals to maximize savings. Develops and presents the 3-year renewal plan during the annual market planning sessions to ensure alignment with Operations and Real Estate.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and oversee the renewal team, legal support, and the related outsource consulting resources. Consulting resources include large, experienced firms with industry veterans to maximize our annual savings.
- Personally negotiate some of the renewals to optimize existing restaurant lease terms, and economics.
- Lead collaborative projects through cross-functional teams that develop and evaluate various renewal approaches to store-level and/or market success – e.g., solution analysis, planning, communication.
- Drives results with weekly consulting calls to ensure timely attention to details, alignment on priorities and properly aggressive negotiating positions. Collaborate with Operations Finance, Real Estate and Legal to ensure there is alignment on final deal terms and economics.
- Review and publish finalized deals for presentation to our internal REAT. Presentation incorporates deal terms as well as restaurant level economic impacts from the proposals. REAT is the Chipotle leadership committee with representation from Development, Operations and Finance Officers.
- Develops and presents the 3-year renewal plan during the annual market planning sessions to ensure alignment with Operations and Real Estate. Plan is developed with input from Development leadership.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.A./B.S. in Finance, Business or Legal related discipline, or equivalent in education and experience
- Paralegal/Legal Document Training preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in real estate, lease management, or legal
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience in retail lease renewal/administration and interpretation
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally with others
- Knowledge and understanding of finance and lease concepts including reading and comprehending financial statements and historical data
- Proven real estate negotiation skills
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a PC as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave