Lease AdministratorColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Supports field and property management teams with lease expertise to protect Chipotle’s real estate portfolio. Preserves the business’s economic model by ensuring lease compliance, controlling occupancy expenses and helping maintain long term tenancy at the restaurant locations. Reviews CAM reconciliations, validates and collects tenant improvement allowances and negotiates financial resolutions with landlords during billing discrepancies. Liaison with internal property management, finance, legal, operations, construction, as well as landlords and their representatives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking incoming and outgoing lease documents as well as critical lease dates.
- Processing monthly recurring and out of cycle/one-time payments timely and accurately.
- Interpreting lease language including key dates, construction requirements, operating expense limitations, and more.
- Communicating with landlords on lease issues, disputes and negotiating to resolution.
- Controlling occupancy costs by performing annual reviews of operating expenses (CAM reconciliation) to ensure Landlords are in compliance per the terms of the lease agreement.
- Maintaining and updating vendor information while ensuring key controls are followed.
- Understanding various rent payment models and ensuring timely and accurate payments and reporting.
- Providing reports to various internal business partners; includes effectively communicating with people having varying understanding of leases and occupancy data and providing important insight about the area of responsibility.
- Assist in creating efficiencies within the department and analyzing the impact on the business while also providing meaningful and actionable insight.
- Monitor progress and obtain required documentation for TI Allowance. Invoice, collect and process TI Allowance payments.
- Maintain electronic lease documentation files.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial real estate lease administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Possess the technical aptitude to use various Lease Administration systems and software.
- Previous Tririga experience. Possess excellent analytical, quantitative, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work independently with attention to detail, documentation, and follow-through.
- Be highly organized, detail oriented with a professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills.
WHO WE ARE
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $63,000 to $84,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave