Enterprise Architect (Restaurant Technology)Columbus, Ohio 333 W Nationwide Blvd, 43215
The Restaurant Technology Architect is a key member of the Enterprise Architecture organization and actively participates to deliver business value. This individual is responsible for the architecture, design, integration, and management strategy of our restaurant technology landscape.
The role will act as a hands-on subject matter expert for Chipotle’s restaurant technology architecture. This is collaborative role, demanding strong interpersonal and influencing skills in addition to broad IT domain knowledge and experience, particularly in Front of House (POS) and Back of House system/solution space as well as cloud native design, and Architecture Governance practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Own the overall solution architecture for Chipotle’s in-store technologies.
- Technical subject matter expert for 3rd party solution/systems vendor partners, e.g. POS, Payments, KDS, etc.
- Work as an individual contributor partnering with various teams (Restaurant Technology, Product, PMO, Application Development, Data/BI, Security, etc.) to provide technical architecture services for strategic initiatives.
- Assess current state architecture and advise on restaurant future state solution/system architecture to achieve business goals. Identify risks and opportunities for enhancements.
- Engage with business and IT resources to ensure alignment of technical solutions with business strategy.
- Draft technical designs, integration standards, and data architecture artifacts
- Identify platform issues and craft technical resolutions and communication plans.
- Collaborate with key technology providers and 3rd party solution vendors and ensure that Chipotle’s current and future needs are appropriately reflected/incorporated in their roadmaps.
- Facilitate the definition and design of current and future-state business processes and performance metrics in collaboration with business process owners and subject matter experts.
- Develop and maintain strategic roadmaps, ensuring traceability from strategy to execution.
- Build and maintain business capability and heat maps to identify gaps and opportunities.
Collaboration and Influence
- Facilitate cross-functional planning sessions with business and IT partners.
- Collaborate with team members to define and document the transition plan/ roadmap to achieve the future-state architecture.
- Partner with product/technology/solution teams, e.g. e-commerce, connected customer/mobile, Consumer Data Platform/CRM, Loyalty, Labor, Inventory, supply chain, etc. to achieve business objectives.
- Attend ongoing team planning and collaboration meetings to achieve strategic objectives.
- Partner with peers in facilitating Enterprise Architecture governance best practices.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (Master’s is highly desirable)
- Have 5+ years as a solution or enterprise architect.
- Experience architecting restaurant/retail POS, Front of House/Back of House systems/solutions in support of Restaurant/Digital capabilities is highly desirable.
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Hands-on experience with business capability mapping, service, and operational model creation, and process flow diagrams
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience architecting/deploying/operating cloud-based applications
- Deploying, managing, automating, operating, and securing scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with multi-cloud, containers, IoT, and Edge is highly desirable
- Experience with TOGAF and/or other EA frameworks is desirable.
- Strong business and technical acumen, experience in restaurant or retail
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to communicate across all levels.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8889 - 333 W Nationwide-(08889)
8889 - 333 W Nationwide-(08889)
333 W Nationwide Blvd