Engineer, Site ReliabilityColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for maintaining and monitoring internal applications as well as working with our third-party partners. They are also responsible for automation of functions and leading our automation practice. An SRE is responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of our infrastructure environment, with a focus on our online ordering environment and tangentially related processes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the infrastructure and development teams on issue resolution
- Focus on learning how to script and automate repetitive administration tasks
- Understand fundamentals of our toolset, using log analysis tools to determine and fix issues in our production environments
- Provide 24x7 production support as part of a team rotation, resolving or escalating issues as appropriate
- Executing projects within the IT Project Guidelines and ensuring adherence to the project approval/prioritization process and related documentation
- Miscellaneous projects as needed
- Monitor and maintain our ticketing queue and work with other engineers to route and complete tasks as needed
- Implementing changes through sound testing procedures, capacity planning, communication, training, documentation, and impact analysis
- Maintaining and following policies and procedures for corporate, restaurant, and mobile systems as deemed necessary by IT Leadership
- Keeping up to date on trends and technology innovations to keep infrastructure current and implementing solutions as cost effective as possible including potential of moving applications into and out of the cloud
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of related work experience required.
- Microsoft Azure track certifications, Splunk Certifications, and Major APM vendor certification preferred
- Powershell and familiarity with Azure design and services. SQL query experience. APM experience with tools like DataDog or similar. Splunk experience.
- Python scripting a plus. A familiarity with application principles and basic design philosophy.
- Ability to solve complex problems. Maintain, grow, and monitor the production and lower online ordering environments as well as internal applications. Assist development and release teams with all tasks they need.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $82,000 to $111,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave