Engineer, Production SupportColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
The Automation Production Support Engineer is a key member of the Business Automation organization and actively participates to delivery business value. This individual is responsible for the recommendation and implementation of Business Automation projects that develop new or enhanced functionality. He/she also supports and troubleshoots various aspects of UiPath and related systems and databases.
The Automation Production Support Engineer will understand the current and future state of the business processes and identify areas of improvement. He/she will lead the systematic releases, maintain system knowledge, and provide RCAs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily Operations System Production Support | Research, troubleshoot, and resolve system issues by leveraging best practices and progressive solutions | Monitor the system health and performance for processing, system, and permission issues | Bring forth production-related issues to appropriate personnel | Exercise in-depth expertise in UiPath Orchestrator and related system | Utilize ServiceNow for tracking of issues/incidents.
- Systematic Release Support | Manage systematic releases, including the evaluation and impact on system/setup configurations, permissions, and integrations | Identify risks and opportunities for release enhancements | Determine the risks and impacts of specific preview releases prior to deployment/utilization.
- Maintaining System Knowledge | Keep up to date on product offerings and benefits of UiPath updates/releases, 3rd party automation solutions, and system packages
- RCA | Participate in root cause analysis to recommend enhancements to improve productivity and efficiency for automation solutions.
- Audits & Periodic Access Review | Conduct audits to ensure production environment meets SOX, CMG, and GRC compliance | Monitor production environment to ensure security and integrity for CoE and citizen developers.
- Team Collaboration and Planning Meetings | Attend ongoing team planning and collaboration meetings to achieve strategic objectives | Contribute ideas for the betterment of achieving vision goals.
- Permissions & Access | Ensure workers in the organization have appropriate access to items and responsibilities in UiPath and related products | Document and organize permission/access related to business automation solutions | Act as a point of contact for GRC-related requests | Administer, maintain, and provide technical advice as it relates to permissions and access.
- Modulate Change Management | Facilitate the change governance process as it relates to system-related changes, including permissions, configuration and packages, and complex reporting in production environments.
- Report & Dashboard Creation & Maintenance | Analyze, design, build, and maintain reports and dashboards to satisfy the needs of business partners | Manage systematic alerts, subscriptions, and notifications for the automation team and business partners.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree from 4-year college or university (or equivalent experience).
- 3-5 years of experience with development, automation, and/or related technical field.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- - Ability to manage numerous priorities
- - Experience with working with various development methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative, Scrum/Agile, & Kanban
- - Advanced level of technical experience within applicable software systems
- - Advanced level of business functionality experience
- - Understanding of database, data structures, and SQL
- Degree in technical field (Information Systems/Technology, Computer Systems/Science/Engineering)
- - Experience in a variety of automation or related software systems
- - Has participated in large, integrated implementation / conversion project
- - Has a working knowledge of SQL, XML, and XSLT; web development technologies such as .NET and C#
- Certifications in UiPath or related automation system(s)
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 3,000 restaurants as of March 31, 2022, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave