Engineer, Cloud - KubernetesColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
Chipotle Technology's mission is to position our brand as a leader in the digital economy by building a team and capabilities that complement our amazing food and people culture.
Our 3-year strategy is to build a world class team that creates solutions that focus on consumer experiences, employee tools, and long-term profitable growth while also improving core systems stability, functionality, and availability.
The Cloud Engineering team is at the forefront of preparing and delivering on Chipotle’s unprecedented growth. This individual is responsible for the research, implementation, modernization, and automation of Chipotle's enterprise-wide technical, architecture-based solutions for enterprise business specifically related to containerization and kubernetes.
The role will act as a key contributor for technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the IT organization, ensuring technical solutions are sustainable, efficient, secure, and compliant.
This role will build deep and collaborative relationships with other teams to support and advance Chipotle’s overall success, including Data Analytics, Application Development, Application Engineering, Product, IT Security, and Corporate Support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ownership, administration, and support of cloud based kubernetes platforms in a secure manner leveraging Azure DevOps, Terraform, Helm, and kubectl
- Maintain CNI based cluster networking and ownership of network policies that adhere security and compliance requirements
- Analyze and tune horizontal and vertical scaling within k8s clusters
- Ownership of components within k8s clusters such as proxies, service mesh, mTLS, etc.
- Version control and cross compatibility of cluster and its installed components
- Maintain appropriate role-based access and permissions across k8s and registries
- Administration of monitoring tools such as Grafana and Prometheus
- Maintain secure container registries
- Deployment, configuration, and administration Windows & Linux operating systems
- Conduct research into emerging technologies and trends in the containerization landscape
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering; or an equivalent education and experience
- 5-8 years of experience
- Clear, effective written and verbal communications skills
- Strong understanding across cloud components (*aaS, compute, storage, network, security, aad) to provide end-to-end cloud infrastructure designs and implement as code
- Scripting in YAML, Bash or Powershell, and Terraform; Helm chart maintenance; Azure DevOps pipeline and release management
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator: Current technical certifications with a focus on one or more of the major Cloud Service Providers such as Azure, AWS, or Google is preferred
- Expertise and/or working knowledge of AKS, Tigera/Calico, Linkerd, Gloo, and Grafana Cloud, and Azure App Services are highly desireable
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Some travel may be required
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $108,000 to $150,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave