Director, PayrollColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
Leads a large team of payroll employees. Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations. Designs short-term and long-term strategies for continuous improvement in payroll operations. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the Payroll Department and develops budgets, policies, and procedures.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic leadership for the management and execution of payroll processes. Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll, including remittance and reporting of employee earnings, deductions, employee, and employer tax withholding
- Leads a large team of payroll employees who perform payroll, payroll tax, garnishment, and timekeeping processes. Includes one on one's, assistance with questions and issues, mentoring and providing leadership to optimize operational excellence and create a deeper bench of experienced talent
- Providing oversight and ensure controls (including SOX controls) are executed for payroll operations.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state payroll laws.
- Manage escalated payroll processing issues in a manner that quickly mitigates compliance or employee relations issues and resolve with a root case analysis.
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and service level metrics for department.
- Actively participates in all People Support system evaluations to ensure solutions will adequately support payroll processing and compliance.
- Maintain strong relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Strategizes with People Support executive leadership to determine and execute high priority company initiatives
- Stay up to date with labor legislations and predictive scheduling compliance.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- 10+ years of experience in Payroll or People Support
- 5-8 years of supervisory experience
- CPP preferred
- Proficient with MS Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Strong knowledge of all payroll and payroll tax laws with multi state compliance
- Possess excellent analytical, quantitative, written, and verbal communication skills
- Have exceptional ability to manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Have a proven track record of elevating, empowering, and holding staff accountable
- Be comfortable presenting to and communicating with a variety of stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Be confident, with the ability to effectively challenge peers and leaders when appropriate
- Have knowledge and ability to proficiently use a PC with MS Office Suite software, including intermediate-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave