Architect, Business EnterpriseColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
Chipotle Technology's mission is to position our brand as a leader in the digital economy by building a team and capabilities that complement our amazing food and people culture.
Our 3-year strategy is to build a world class team that creates solutions that focus on consumer experiences, employee tools, and long-term profitable growth while also improving core systems stability, functionality and availability.
Business Enterprise Architect is a key member of the Enterprise Architecture organization which is at the forefront of preparing and delivering on Chipotle’s unprecedented growth. This individual is responsible for the architecture, design, integration, and management strategy of our technology landscape.
The role will act as a hands-on subject matter expert for Chipotle’s business and technology architecture. This is collaborative role, demanding strong interpersonal and influencing skills, in addition to broad IT domain knowledge and experience across system/solution space.
This role will build deep and collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams in order to support and advance Chipotle’s overall success, including Data Engineering, AppDev, Product, IT Security, and Corporate Support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with key technology providers and 3rd party solution vendors and ensure that Chipotle’s current and future needs are appropriately reflected/incorporated in their roadmaps.
- Facilitate the definition and design of current and future-state business processes and performance metrics in collaboration with business process owners and subject matter experts.
- Develop and maintain strategic roadmaps, ensuring traceability from strategy to execution.
- Build and maintain business capability, process, journey and value-stream maps to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Own definition of solution architectures across domains and initiatives
- Define/drive technical designs, integration standards, and data architecture artifacts
- Technical subject matter expert for ecosystems that encompass vendor/partner solutions
- Work as an individual contributor partnering with various teams (Data Engineering/BI, PMO, (Product, Application Development, Security, etc.) to provide technical architecture services for strategic initiatives.
- Assess current state architecture and advise on restaurant future state solution/system architecture to achieve business goals. Identify risks and opportunities for enhancements.
- Identify platform issues and craft technical resolutions and communication plans.
- Engage with business and IT resources to ensure alignment of technical solutions with business strategy.
Collaboration and Influence
- Facilitate cross-functional planning sessions with business and IT partners.
- Partner with peers in facilitating Enterprise Architecture Governance best practices including Architecture Review Board (ARB)
- Collaborate with team members to define and document the transition plan/ roadmap to achieve the future-state architecture.
- Partner with product/technology/solution teams, e.g. e-commerce, connected customer/mobile, Consumer Data Platform/CRM, Loyalty, Labor, Inventory, supply chain, etc. to achieve business objectives.
- Facilitate team planning and collaboration meetings to achieve strategic objectives.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (Master’s is highly desirable)
- Have 5+ years as a solution or enterprise architect.
- Experience architecting restaurant/retail POS, Front of House/Back of House systems/solutions in support of Restaurant/Digital capabilities is highly desirable.
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Hands-on experience with business capability mapping, service, and operational model creation, and process flow diagramming
- Experience with enterprise data solutions leveraging Snowflake, Azure Data Lake, Fivetran is highly desirable.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience architecting/deploying/operating cloud-based applications
- Deploying, managing, automating, operating, and securing scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with multi-cloud, containers, IoT and Edge is highly desirable
- Experience with TOGAF and/or other EA frameworks is desirable.
- Strong business and technical acumen, experience in restaurant or retail
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to communicate across all levels.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 3,000 restaurants as of June 30, 2022, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave