Analyst, Payroll TaxColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
The Analyst, Payroll Tax is responsible for providing data analysis and tax guidance to ensure timely and accurate processing of taxes for US federal, state, and local taxes, as well as international taxes. Uses Workday and ADP tax portal to perform maintenance, auditing, and reporting. Researches and responds to agency inquiries regarding employment tax issues. Processes ad hoc runs such as relocation and equity compensation.
- Performs biweekly and quarterly tax reviews/audits to ensure accurate payroll processing and quarter file returns.
- Responsible for entering manual tax balance adjustments and corrections needed into payroll system.
- Reconciles EFTPS deposits and prepares payroll tax liabilities reconciliation, journal entries and other month-end closing duties.
- Provides year end support including coordination of taxable fringe benefits entry, reconciling data, making tax adjustments and corrections, issuance of W-2s and handling W-2 employee questions.
- Responsible for review and update of CIC+ tax form errors.
- Responds to email/phone/fax/Service Now inquiries and issues from employees, vendors and tax authorities related to employment taxes.
- Prepares state unemployment tax projections, verifies accuracy of issued rates, and updates rates in Workday.
- Enters/Processes relocation checks and stock checks as needed.
- Prepares data for internal and external state/local audit requests and new registrations for new tax accounts.
- Supports Payroll Tax leaders and provides back up support to Analyst.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, and 1-3 years’ experience in payroll tax or 3-5 Years’ experience processing a combination of payroll processing and tax
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a PC as well as Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Experience using Workday and ADP SmartCompliance
- Knowledge of payroll tax rules/laws
- Proficiency in multi-state and multi-legal entity taxation and general payroll compliance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be detail oriented with strong follow through
- Ability to handle difficult conversations effectively
- Strong ability to manage deadlines, multiple priorities and be proactive in resolving issues
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $52,000 to $67,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave