Analyst, Payroll OperationsColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
The Payroll Operations Analyst supports the daily operational support of payroll for a designated geography, typically one region, in the US or Canadian Chipotle business. This role works independently and maintains a strong understanding of payroll methods, procedures, and terms. Analyzes reports and records to insure compliance and to improve efficiencies within payroll processes and procedures. Assists in resolving high level payroll questions and issues. This role collaborates with key stakeholders in the geography as well as across People Experience, ESC, and Payroll Tax to ensure consistent support, problem resolution, and continuous improvement. This position typically reports to the Manager of Payroll. The Payroll Operations Analyst also provides focused support and expertise to ongoing specialized payroll processes, such as Fair Work Week auditing, across the organization of 90,000+ employees. This role maintains responsibility for owning the specialized process consistency and improvements needed to ensure accurate execution.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage relationship between the Fair Work Week compliance team to ensure the payroll locations impacted are validated during payroll processing. Communicate issues to the payroll team and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for a region of restaurants and the accuracy of their payroll output during payroll processing. Inputs, prepares, and maintains both on-cycle, and manual check data including stop payments, voids, or deposit reversals.
- Detailed review of daily checks and payroll reports for any exceptions or errors and verifies data entry for accuracy. Making time edits and pay edits when necessary.
- Processes garnishment, direct deposit, and other general deduction information in the payroll system.
- Assists in maintaining payroll files abiding by company record keeping policies.
- Complete other duties as assigned to advance a particular project or to resolve a business issue. Recommend process improvements for efficiencies and compliance.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- H.S. Diploma/GED
- B.A./B.S. in related field, CPP preferred.
- Excel Experience, Payroll and Timekeeping System Experience.
- Workday Payroll, Kronos Dimensions and Excel Experience.
- Knowledge of payroll administration, controls, governance, and accounting best practices with established network for keeping current.
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulatory and compliance. obligations related to payroll and how to fulfill them in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understanding of multi-state payroll practices, requirements, and financial/tax implications. Knowledge of Workday Payroll module preferred.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 3,000 restaurants as of March 31, 2022, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave