Accounting CoordinatorColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As the Coordinator, Accounting, you will be responsible for accurate and timely processing of various accounting documents for multiple restaurant locations in addition to other related duties. This individual will follow up with vendors and/or internal employees to resolve discrepancies, communicate with Newport, Operations, Regional staff and Accounting to obtain, verify, and provide information.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Following up with vendors and internal employees to resolve invoice and payment issues in a timely manner.
· Determining the validity of invoices, proper account codes, and proper authorization of invoice payments
· Enter vendor invoices in a timely and accurate manner, as well as auditing the entry performed by peers.
· Performing new vendor set up in a timely and accurate manner, including obtaining W9 tax forms.
· Researching vendor statements to ensure payment of all open items and avoid potential duplication of payments and performing necessary follow-up.
· Filing, copying, and scanning as necessary
· Preparing spreadsheets to complete journal entries relating to invoices split across multiple restaurants and departments.
· Providing support for internal and external audit requests
· Working with vendors to increase EDI and ACH participation rates.
· Working with employees across various departments to resolve invoice questions.
· Make capitalization decisions based on general accepted accounting principles and our internal accounting policies.
· Provide guidance to internal staff about the fixed assets policy.
· Review invoices for taxability and record tax accruals based on the taxability of individual items.
· Assign asset categories after posting of capitalized invoices.
· Reconcile project spend to fixed asset spend.
· Prepare asset listing on a monthly basis.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
· High school diploma
· B.A. in related field or an equivalent in education and experience preferred.
· Knowledge of and the ability to use a PC as well as Microsoft Office Suite
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Excellent 10-key and typing skills with the ability to audit work for accuracy.
· Excellent analytical, quantitative, written, and verbal communication skills
· Ability to be detail oriented.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $19.23 -25.00 hourly. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave