Accountant, FinancialColumbus, Ohio 500 Neil Ave, 43215
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Located in Columbus, OH, the Financial Accountant is our entry-level Accountant position and is responsible for performing the review function of assigned accounts as well as daily cash reconciliation and verification. The Financial Accountant is mentored by Senior Financial Accountants with the goal of being developed into that position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing bank reports and POS deposits to generate cash discrepancy reports and following up on material adjustments as needed
- Using sales tool data to research any sales sub-ledger entries if needed between the POS system and TREC system
- Validating accuracy of sales data and preparing manual sales adjustments when needed
- Performing creation, maintenance and retiring of fixed assets
- Completing clearing, cost and accumulated D&A and CIP account analysis
- Retrieving data. Wait a few seconds and try to cut or copy again.
- Performing sub-ledger reconciliations between the fixed asset, general ledger and project modules
- Preparing and reviewing the financial statements of assigned accounts which include the monthly preparation of month-end accruals, responding to exceptions based on pre-determined criteria, and preparing any adjusting entries as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field; or an equivalent in education and experience
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Business, or other related field
- Analytical, quantitative, written, and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and the ability to proficiently use a PC along with MS Office Suite software
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Ability to complete account reconciliations and analyze sales data
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize workload
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $XXX. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Primary Location: Ohio - Columbus - 8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
8890 - 500 Neil Ave-(08890)
500 Neil Ave