At Chipotle, we’ve created something special: a better place to eat and work. Here, you’ll be part of a team that is working to cultivate nourished communities where wholesome food is enjoyed every day. To achieve this mission, we provide exceptional training and a clear career path – over 80% of our managers are promoted from Crew. But that’s not all – we also offer all of our employees a full range of benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and up to $5,250 a year in tuition assistance. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, apply today.
- Full and Part-Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: No
What makes a successful Restaurant Team Member at Chipotle? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Looking for more? These traits are the cherry on top.
Everyone is eligible for medical, dental, and vision coverage (even if you're part-time).
Earn your degree for as little as $250 a year, plus college credit for on-the-job training.
Spend your holidays with those who matter most (we always have room at our table!).
Even the strongest can catch a cold. Rest up so you can get back to giving it your all.
Did somebody say free burritos? Enjoy a free meal during each shift and 50% off when not working.
We work hard, but also make play a high priority. Enjoy some vacation time on us.
Building the perfect burrito - and having fun doing it - is the first step to building your career at Chipotle. Sharpen your customer-service and teamwork skills, learn to make great food and get ready to grow. Whether you have experience as a cashier, server, cook, prep cook, dishwasher, housekeeper, bartender or no experience at all, this could be the opportunity to develop into a restaurant manager position. We can offer part time or full time schedules depending on what you are looking for and the needs of the restaurant. We promote most of our managers from within and are looking for that next generation of leaders to apply now.
Our Crew members take pride in preparing and serving Chipotle’s delicious food. They know that in order to do this right, they need a clean and organized work area. By consistently following the proper recipes and procedures, and adhering to Chipotle’s high standards regarding food preparation, cleaning and sanitation, teamwork and customer service, they help to ensure that the Chipotle customer experience is always the best it can be. Crew members get to learn about and work at a variety of stations: Tortilla, Salsa, Prep, Grill, Expo, and Take-Out. In each area they’re greeting and interacting with Chipotle’s customers directly, making their meals, while portioning out the ingredients to our standards. Crew members’ responsibilities require them to be on their feet working while clocked in, unless on break. If they are not busy, they are expected to take on tasks they see that need to get done, and pitch in to help their teammates.
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Following recipes accurately and maintaining food preparation processes such as cooking, marinating, seasoning, and grilling meats; chopping herbs; dicing, cutting, and slicing vegetables
• Completing hot and cold food preparation assignment accurately, neatly, and in a timely fashion
• Preparing food throughout the day as needed, anticipating and reacting to customer volume
• Maintaining appropriate portion control and consistently monitoring food levels on the line
• Maintaining proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards while preparing and cooking food
• Providing friendly, quality customer service to each Chipotle customer
• Working toward understanding and articulating Food With Integrity
• Consistently and accurately using prep sheets, Road Maps, cleanliness list, and station checklists
• Following Chipotle sanitation standards including washing cookware and utensils throughout the day
• Cleaning equipment, as assigned, thoroughly and in a timely fashion according to Chipotle sanitation guideline
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant employees and work as part of a team by helping others as needed or requested
• Have the ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees
• Have the ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
• Be able to exhibit a cheerful and helpful attitude, and provide exceptional customer service
• Be able to adapt to changing customer volume levels with a sense of urgency
• Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
• Be able to follow instructions for recipes and sanitation guidelines
• Have the ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen and line
• Have the ability to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location
At Chipotle we don't have multiple job titles for our entry level employees but all of our crew will play the role of dishwasher, cashier, server, host, bartender, cook, prep cook, etc. so be prepared to learn a lot and work hard if you join the team. Most of the jobs that we are hiring for are entry level positions. If you are interested in interviewing for a restaurant general manager or assistant restaurant manager position and have previous restaurant management experience you can search our careers page for more opportunities as we may have some of those positions available. Most of these management positions are filled internally but there are some exceptions.
Primary Location: New York - Bronx - 2190 - Fordham-(02190)
2190 - Fordham-(02190)
4760 3rd Ave
Job: Restaurant Crew
Job Posting: Oct. 16, 2017
Job Number: 17027156
- New Restaurant Opening in Frisco - Now Hiring (3258) Frisco, Texas
- Hiring Crew up tp $11/hr based on exp. Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching again.
- Restaurant Team Member - Crew (2309 - Riverdale) New York, New York
- Restaurant Team Member - Crew (2540 - Throggs Neck S.C.) New York, New York
- Restaurant Team Member - Crew (2838 - 161st Street) New York, New York